- Rebuild with latest version of wheel to get extras_require support.
- Add missing argparse dependency for Python 2.6 (thanks @movermeyer)).
- Report path on MissingFileError (thanks @ezheidtmann).
- Add __version__ attribute.
- More helpful error message when STATIC_URL is set to the root of a domain (thanks @dominicrodger).
- Add support for Python 2.6.
- Add a more helpful error message when attempting to import DjangoWhiteNoise before DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is defined.
- Add an autorefresh mode which picks up changes to static files made after application startup (for use in development).
- Add a use_finders mode for DjangoWhiteNoise which finds files in their original directories without needing them collected in STATIC_ROOT (for use in development). Note, this is only useful if you don’t want to use Django’s default runserver behaviour.
- Remove the follow_symlinks argument from add_files and now always follow symlinks.
- Support extra mimetypes which Python doesn’t know about by default (including .woff2 format)
- Some internal refactoring. Note, if you subclass WhiteNoise to add custom behaviour you may need to make some small changes to your code.
- Fix unhelpful exception inside make_helpful_exception on Python 3 (thanks @abbottc).
- Fix error when attempting to gzip empty files (thanks @ryanrhee).
- Don’t attempt to gzip
.wofffiles as they’re already compressed.
- Base decision to gzip on compression ratio achieved, so we don’t incur gzip overhead just to save a few bytes.
- More helpful error message from
collectstaticif CSS files reference missing assets.
- Fix bug in Last Modified date handling (thanks to Atsushi Odagiri for spotting).
- Set the default max_age parameter in base class to be what the docs claimed it was.
- Fix path-to-URL conversion for Windows.
- Remove cruft from packaging manifest.
- First stable release.